1. Report DOES NOT correlate with subjective / objective findings.
2. Poorly written report using confusing and/or outdated nomenclature.
3. Suspicious finding on the images not addressed in the report.
4. Uncooperative radiologist who is unwilling to answer your questions.
5. Reputation of the radiologist for missing/ignoring significant findings.
6. PI or Worker's compensation case that requires more detailed description and explanation of pathologic findings that can help substantiate your diagnosis and treatment plan.
Second opinion reports ARE NOT covered by health insurance, auto insurance and government programs like Medicare and Medicaid. In these instances, payment from the doctor or patient is expected at the time-of-service. For Personal Injury cases, PIC will accept an attorney's lien and await payment. If an attorney is not representing the patient, auto insurance usually does not pay for second opinions and payment is expected at the time-of-service.
For Workers Compensation cases, we bill Ohio Workers Compensation ONLY if the appropriate C9 approval accompanies the other billing form and the images. For WC cases from other states, we will bill the doctor or the patient can pay via debit/credit card.